iTunes is an audio player for playing and organizing digital music files, and purchasing digital music files in the FairPlay digital rights management format. The iTunes Music Store is the component of iTunes through which users can purchase digital music files from within iTunes. True fans know it all: What their favorite artists are playing — and when and where they’re playing it. Set your inner groupie free by following your favorite artists on Ping.
Users are able to organize their music into playlists, edit file information, record compact discs, copy files to a digital audio player, purchase music on the Internet through its built-in music store, run a visualizer to display graphical effects in time to the music as well as encode music into a number of different audio formats.
Follow your favorite artists:
Follow your friends. Find new music.
There’s no better way to discover new music than to find out what your friends are listening to. Ping gives you even more insight into your friends’ musical tastes through profile pages.
Stay up to date on who, what, when, and where.
Keep musically connected with the Recent Activity feed in Ping. See a list of recent updates showing what friends, artists, and celebrities are up to on iTunes.
Where listening, watching, and playing start:
iTunes lets you enjoy all your music, movies, video, and TV shows on your Mac or PC. When you want to watch or listen to something, you no longer have to look through your CDs or flip through channels — just go to your computer and open iTunes. With your entire media collection in your iTunes library, you can browse everything faster, organize it all more easily, and play anything whenever the mood strikes.
Apple TV has been redesigned to be small in size but big on entertainment. Rent from the largest selection of HD movies — many available the same day they come out on DVD. Watch Netflix titles instantly. Rent TV shows, commercial free in HD. And stream photos and music from your computer to your widescreen TV.
- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost
- Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your PC and iOS devices
- Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store
- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5
- Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network