Blender is a free 3D graphics application that can be used for modeling, UV unwrapping, texturing, rigging, skinning, animating, rendering, non-linear editing, composing, and creating interactive 3D applications, including video games, animated film, or visual effects.
- The Interface allows you to change, adapt and re distribute the layout of all UI components and tools to suit the task at hand.
- From the smallest adjustment in size to a full custom interface, all this adaptability and ease of change allows for smooth and organic work flows with natural scene interaction.
- With a great variety of tools available, Sculpting can be used to create very detailed organic looking characters. Coupled with modifiers like multi-res, the models can be very complex while the interface remains responsive.
- Because these tools are available within Blender itself the production is greatly streamlined, and with GLSL support the results are instantaneous.
- Transforming any model into a posable character has never been easier, with highly sophisticated methods of deformation calculation that allow realistic mesh displacement.
Specialized add-ons give you the power to create professional grade rigs for your characters in just a few steps.
- Hard surfaces and Subdivision surface modeling benefit from tools that range from community provided complex primitives to stackable modifiers
- The modifiers allow non destructive alterations to a base mesh, these can be easily modified, interchanged and undone.
- Thanks to flawless integration, tasks as simple as walk cycles or as complex as lip syncing can be undertaken with more emphasis on the results and the fine tunning.
- True and tested, the robust default render engine is an industrial strength image generator.